'Shine or Go Crazy' - Character Teaser

Gallery

December 1, 2009

Im Juhwan, Awarded the newcomer award at the 2009 Republic of Korea Cultural Entertainment Awards

image

Actor Im Juhwan was awarded the best newcomer award at the 17th 2009 Republic of Korea Cultural Entertainment Awards show that was held in the afternoon at Yeouido’s 63City National Convention Hall in Seoul on the 30th.


In January 2009, Im Juhwan captured viewers’ interest through the KBS drama, Boys Over Flowers. This past September, he generated much affection through his un-novice like, solid acting as the lead character Park Gyu in the already ended MBC weekend drama, Tamra, The Island.

Im Juhwan revealed, “To be honest, I cannot describe how it feels to receive a once in a lifetime best newcomer award. It’s overwhelming. As an actor I feel that I am lacking much, but I want to thank all the veiwers and the fans from the bottom of my heart for their generous words of praise and encouragement.”

He then pledged, “As a starting actor, I will diligently work with the attitude that I have to further myself each and every day. I want to be become an actor who is seen always putting in effort, growing every day.”

On the one hand, recently, Im Juhwan is gaining more popularity not only within the country but also in Japan and China. He is garnering attention for being the next possible hallyu star, following in the footsteps of the original hallyu stars like Bae Youngjun and Lee Byeongheon.

Credit: media.daum.net
Wu Hyeyeong Reporter at woo@tvreport.co.kr 
Photo = Yedang Entertainment
Translation Credits:
Translation: atel @ soompi

No comments:

Post a Comment