'Shine or Go Crazy' - Character Teaser

Gallery

November 7, 2013

Ugly Alert - Ep115 Recap

Nari adds the last detail to her memory and says she saw Joon Soo spreading blood on himself…
The doctor advises Hyun Suk to stop now or else it’ll be hard for Nari. 
He goes back to Nari after she wakes up and she asks if she shouldn’t have remembered.
"Tell the doctor to erase them." she pleads him. 
"Can’t I just ‘delete’ all these memories?"
"Then what about Hyung?" 
She tells him she doesn’t know how everything happened. All her memories came back when she witnessed that scene again, she phoned Joon Soo and then she met him…and then the car came.
"I looked at him running towards me, and then I finally knew…why he did that." 
She hugs Hyun Suk and tells him she’ll forget everything.
Oppa…please…” she cries looking up at him…
Hyun Suk walks away from the hospital and everything starts painfully sinking in. He flashes back to when he asked Joon Soo why he did that and Joon Soo only replies with "this is the second time you’ve called me Hyung…"
Then ten years later, when Joon Soo comes out, he tells him,
"Now, we’re not related anymore…just like you guys wished."
*clutches heart* The pain. Oh the pain. (´;Д;`) *wails*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nari tells Joon Soo everything and blames herself for remembering it all.
"No…Nari…it was my fault…Keun Oppa was foolish."
"You did it for cha-geun oppa, right?"
"No…if it really was for him, then I shouldn’t have done this."
"Will cha-geun oppa go to jail just like you did?"
"No Nari…no he won’t…"
(╥_╥)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
side story:
- Harabeoji tells Joo Young’s father to ‘protect’ BY’s stock no matter what (it seems as if it’s fluctuating quite a bit recently…) 
- In Joo complains about how bad the situation is getting and wants to leave. Do Hee tells her she’ll keep fighting with creepy lawyer, but she says In Joo won’t just leave her all lonely and helpless, will she?
"Look like you’re really tired to have said the word ‘lonely’."
"Pretending to be strong…is actually tiring." she says. >,<
(I think this scene was set up to emphasize how she feels later on….)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hyun Suk lets everything sink deeper in the presence of some soju and he remembers all those times he blamed Joon Soo for being so selfless. Why couldn’t he just go live his own dream? Why always think about others? 
The next morning, Hyun Suk stands in front of his parents’ pictures and calls his step-father, “father”. He ‘tells’ him that he once felt embarrassed to have a father like him and that’s why he resented his mother for picking a man like him.
"But I’m fortunate. When you were my father….I had a brother that fought for me.
Now…I want to return back his life. Although it’s too late…Hyung has lost too much time because of me. I can’t give it back to him.
Please let him live happily…for the remainder of his life.” 

*WATERFALL OF TEARS*
.·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joon Soo heads on a journey with no destination, but that really isn’t important because he’s only on the bus to relive that last moment he shared with his mother…it’s a moment where he most needs to feel her smile and her warmth again…
In his memory, she tells him again that no matter what happens, to never let go of each other’s hands. 
He promises her and she strokes his hair telling him how much she loves hearing him call her ‘mother’.
I’ll call you ‘mother’ from now on, until you tell me to stop.” A young Joon Soo’s voice echoes back and she says that day won’t ever come… 
His mother holds onto his hand and in the present, he pretends that the same thing is also happening. He holds onto that invisible hand and stares at the empty space next to him…He cries, but at the same time he smiles as he sees is his mother’s warm smile. 
[In this moment I can only think that Joon Soo would’ve wanted to tell his mother, ” I really tried mom…I really tried not to let go…but in the end I couldn’t. I’m sorry.” ](个_个)
Having no sense of time, it soon turns into night and Joon Soo gets off the last stop. Do Hee phones him and asks him where he is, but he says he doesn’t know. He asks where she is and tells her he’ll go find her but she’s someplace far.
She asks if he has anything to say and he hesitates but decides to tell her when they meet tomorrow.
"Is it something you can’t say over the phone?"
"Yeah."
But all of a sudden he goes,
"Do Hee, I love you." 
[maybe this will be the last chance for me to tell you this, before you hate me for lying to you again…he must think… ╥﹏╥]
Do Hee acts as if nothing happened and tells him to say that in person.
Joon Soo continues mindlessly walking and in a voice-over, he tells Do Hee,
"After meeting you, I thought that simply walking towards you was all I needed to do. I believed, that that was the only thing I had to do for the rest of my life,
(but) It seems as if I’ve lost my way….” 
—-(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)——
This is a scene you have to learn to really appreciate. Honestly, I don’t think one day is enough time for me to digest everything…
Again, I applaud the team behind “Ugly Alert” for committing so much time and effort into the meticulous cinematography and matching it with all the emotions. 
In particular, I liked how they emphasized the time lapse from morning to afternoon, then to night to mirror Joon Soo’s feelings of lostness. I mean, they totally go beyond the ‘typical’ daily drama boundaries to give you that important visual impact *appreciative* (。ノω\。)゚
Then Im Joo Hwan…who portrayed every detail of Joon Soo’s pain and conflict so well. I cried, when he cried. I felt pain, when he felt pain. I was a fan of his in the beginning already, but this just cements my love for him even more. (▰︶︹︺▰)…JOON SOOO SHIIII!!!!
/end of emotion outpour. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hyun Suk calls Do Hee out to tell her the truth. He says that she should be the first one to hear of it…
"Hyung…didn’t do anything to Lee Kyung Tae. If Hyung is guilty of anything…it would only be helping the criminal escape."
The person who killed Lee Kyung Tae…was me.”
"I will submit for a retrial. Now…seems to be the time to bring everything to light."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prepare for JoonHee’s most heart-wrenching moment EVER *tissues out*
Do Hee demands to know the truth behind Hyun Suk’s words. He said he killed Lee Kyung Tae…what does he mean?
"No…Hyun Suk didn’t kill him..no…" 
She grabs onto his collar and starts getting agitated.
"Then why did Hyun Suk say that? Why? Tell me why!?"
"What is the truth behind it all then? He said you did it to allow the real criminal to escape. What does that mean?
"It was an accident. Hyun Suk didn’t know he killed Lee Kyung Tae. I kept (on asking) why our Hyun Suk did that. ‘If only you didn’t do that’…"
He can’t finish his sentence, but instead falls down on his knees.
"I held onto that child…he fell onto me. And then I saw…that child’s back got poked by nails. Hyun Suk didn’t know he killed Kyung Tae and left. I saw the police come…and at that moment I only thought of one thing: Hyun Suk can’t get hurt…"
Do Hee gets down on her knees as well and lightly grabs ahold of his arms.
"You should’ve told me…how could you have hid it from me? When we said we’d walk through this together, you said we were one ( I was you and you were me). But how could you have kept such a big secret for yourself. Even if it weren’t for me, you should’ve said that you weren’t a murderer."
"I couldn’t say that. I always thought…that this was a burden only I had to carry forever."
"You…didn’t believe me? Were you afraid I’d tell the whole world ‘my man isn’t a murderer’?
I persuaded you before…that your sibling’s burdens…we’d carry them together. That’s why I should’ve been at least told that you weren’t a murderer. 
Because you are me…this is the path I followed when I chose you.
I went on it…
but you didn’t.
You, who doesn’t believe in me…
I don’t know if I can continue loving you now…”
*soundofheartripping*
(*´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥﹏°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ )人(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)
no guys…no…
you’ll come through this. please continue loving and supporting each other. joon soo needs YOU the most now Do Hee. Please…

No comments:

Post a Comment