'Shine or Go Crazy' - Character Teaser

Gallery

October 19, 2012

Tamra the Island - Ockoala's feeling - Introduction

By 


I promise this review will end with: “and they lived happily ever after.” For my (few) loyal readers, this might be the only fanservice I can do for you. It recently dawned on me that I have only been discussing dramas that have required an increasing dose of therapy after watching it. I can’t fathom why, since fluffy dramas are really my inadvertant staple. My concern was premature, of course. The drama gods will always find a way to even out the score.
I recently got a package in the mail. It led to me re-watching a drama that made me as happy and satiated as a cat (who just drank organic milk from a Vermont free-range cow, is now laying on a plush 1000 thread count duvet, and getting stroked by So Ji Sub’s long long fingers). The meow of contentment is through the roof. This hidden gem made me so blissful, it was a sign from the drama gods that I needed to write about something HAPPY for a change. Duly noted.
Tamra the Island [also known as Tamna the Island, Shipwrecked, Tempted Again]:
Please join me on a journey to an island called Tamra, where the abalone are plentiful and the ladies are feisty (and wear adult diapers–according to Mr. Koala, who watched this drama with me in its entirety, and provided some “interesting” commentary, which I will be including in this review). By visiting this unassuming make-believe place, perhaps some of its happiness-inducing properties will spread to you. I can’t make any guarantees, but I’m fairly certain you won’t leave needing a cold shower or a stiff drink.
A few housekeeping notes before I start. This review will be split into three parts. Part One will be a brief overview on what makes Tamra such a remarkable drama. For those of you who haven’t watched it yet, I hope this will be enough to induce you to check it out.
Part Two will be a lengthy spoiler-laden recap of Tamra (you may need a bathroom break in between, you’ve been warned). Reading this section won’t spoil the enjoyment of Tamra regardless of whether you’ve seen it. The pleasures of watching this drama does not rest on suspense or plot development. Tamra is a visual and oratory experience. I think I am only going to give you a sense of the spongy goodness of the cake–watching it will allow you to experience the sweet, delicious icing.
Finally (if you haven’t already called it quits or partially lost your vision by then), Part Three will be devoted to discussing the hows and whys that make Tamra a special experience. This is where I’ll be analyzing the drama by discussing the direction, scoring, and performances. This may not be all that interesting unless you’ve already seen Tamra (but knowing me, I’ll be cracking a lot of jokes, so feel free to keep reading if you have some free time and don’t mind listening to me jabber on and on).
Since this post is longer than the proverbial Great Wall, rather than make you suss out what interests you by slogging through my interminable ode to Tamra, I’ve categorized it in advance for ease of reference. Now that we’ve gotten the boring stuff out of the way – go ahead and slip on some comfy slippers, brew yourself a steaming pot of tea, dim the lights, whip out a candle, and be prepared to be Swept Away.
Let’s take a virtual trip to an island where an arrogant nobleman will find his heart and destiny, a shipwrecked foreigner will find adventure and wonder, and a girl with different ideas and dreams will find that everything she was looking for was always right in front of her (sort of).



(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment