'Shine or Go Crazy' - Character Teaser

Gallery

June 3, 2013

First Impressions: Ugly Alert?!

UA
No way man, you tell me that’s UGLY? I say Park Kyu hotness alert OKAY? There’s no way I’m gonna get around to this stupid title, maybe I should just use Fool’s Watch instead (which doesn’t exactly sound any better but hey, no ugliness innit?).
I did 10 episodes of this drama of a drama, and it’s one bag of …. dramatic! You’ve got to believe me if you haven’t watched, the gathering of all possible dramatic cliches and tropes you can think of, no miss! Accidents, deaths, OTT siblings, you name em…etc.It doesn’t get any sillier or makjang-er than this. But I’m still watching, and hooked.

I must profess that this had begun merely as a shameless eye-candy venture, for the one and only Park Kyu ermm Im Joo Hwan (shame I can never shake the label off). 5 eps of incessant and overdone histrionics, drama after drama, and I thought I would drop it in a go, without any hesitation. But surprisingly I managed to squeeze a tear or 2, I really did! It must be Jun Soo, a character construct which puts all male leads of K-drama land to shame. This is an insane out of the world saintly character, too perfect and ideal to even exist…in K-drama! No trust me, it’s kinda of ridiculous.
But no, I hadn’t forgotten about my initial mission. Ain’t giving up until I see Im Joo Hwan, no way.
And truly, have I ever doubted? He does wonders.
IJHuan
Jun Soo oh Jun Soo, why must you be so perfect? And why must you be played by Im Joo Hwan? Everytime this man cries, when tears start to form in his eyes,  or when the people he loves go all abrasive and start chastising him, I immediately grab a tissue. I cannot watch a scene with him crying or tearing up without doing the same myself. And I say to myself? Why am I doing this to myself? Do I need to torture myself for another 100 so episodes? My eyes aren’t gonna be the same anymore by the end.
It’s the Park Kyu effect, I remember his crying scenes in Tamra, and I say, it’s the Park. Freaking. Kyu effect.
Joon Soo
I’m not gonna lie, I am kinda addicted to this show. I checked and HOLA, it’s writer nim who’d written the awesome first half of Gloria  (which faltered to oblivion in the 2nd half). I think I should be worried. Gloria had 60 eps (if I remember correctly) and I had the chance to bow out half-way thru.. but an 120 ep daily, there goes my insanity. God please I pray, give me the patience.
But yes, I do like the show after 10 eps. Main reason Im Joo Hwan, and the other part of it, I actually like all of the characters in the show despite their severe inclination for temperamental fits (yes Jin Joo and Do Hee, I’m talking about you girls). If I may be more specific, the guys! There’s Hyun Seok, who has this softie heart of a bear, a sense of righteousness and penchant for justice, but who cannot ever run away from the control of his noona Jin Joo.  Although I must hate him for treating precious Jun Soo like trash, I can’t. Ahhhh, the irony. Then there’s also my precious Hyun Woo (from ILICDD) who plays Jin Joo’s love interest. I didn’t even know he’s in this and my reaction was total WOAH when he appeared. He’s adorable and I like that he’s still able to make me all awwwww with his HyunWoo-like aura/vibe from ILICDD. Too bad Jin Joo’s a feisty girl to deal with, I can imagine some hard time for him in future.  And alas, a mysterious and cool Lee Han Seo, don’t think I’m supposed to like him, but weirdly, I find him very attractive.
UA2
Then the girls, who aren’t exactly as likeable as the guys right now, but still OK, I can live with atm. Do Hee, obviously the OTP choice for Jun Soo. I like her determination and passion in her work, but her attitude really sux and turns me off big time. I hope it won’t last too long because I know our angelic Jun Soo will come into her life and make things all good, for her,  and for me. So far Kang So Ra‘s managing, ain’t too impressive but not stinking much either. If not for the constant sucky and sour expressions of Do Hee,  things might be better and I won’t find her that irritating. Her cousin Joo Young doesn’t bug me as much, she acts like a silly bimbo but not too grating yet. And plus I find her attraction to Lee Han Seo really intriguing, in that they’re such different opposites, in thinking and ideals, and yet I sensed something, a spark perhaps, between them.
But nothing bugs me more than JIN JOO! Arrrhhhhh, what has she done to deserve Jun Soo’s magnanimous love and care? At least Hyun Seok cared, and showed it. I guess I shouldn’t be so condemning of her because of the message the drama intends to convey about family, but she’s such a block to all the happiness in the world, especially Jun Soo’s world. We know the history, yes Jun Soo caused all the tragic in your life, live with it, the man has compensated for 10 over years man. If she doesn’t care, at least just ignore him, don’t talk to him. But the words she said, I don’t care if they’re unintentional, they’re downright mean and degrading of human worth. Aiks. Hyun Woo, err.. Chul Soo, you better knock some sense into this girl!
And last but not least, a couple I so did not expect to love!
UA3
I dunno if Jung Hee really loves her hubby, she looks like she does but I dunno (knowing that Jun Soo will come back soon, and may enter the family as her son in law!). But I do know her hubby loves her LOTS, and I like seeing them acting all lovey dovey around each other. It’s not always normal for me to root for a couple with such a huge age gap (she can be his daughter!), but their cute seems so natural and effective on screen. And the actors have such effective chemistry too! I wonder how long it’ll last until the Jun Soo drama happens. I hope they last.
IJHKSR
Last but not least, our OTP!
I dunno when is this gonna happen, but I already can’t wait! IM JOO HWAN IN A FREAKING SUIT LOOKING SODAMN FINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment