'Shine or Go Crazy' - Character Teaser

Gallery

September 23, 2013

Ugly Alert - Ep87 Recap

Credit: Cookingdramas
Creepy Lawyer is here to ‘persuade’ Jung Yeon to break the other two apart before things get ‘worse’. He tells her a bunch of crap excuses that fit in with his delusional views in hopes of getting her to do what he wants.
Continuing off from last time, Creepy Lawyer tells Jung Yeon that Sec.Kim told him she was scared Do Hee was being ‘used’ by Joon Soo and her =.= He’s beating around the bushes, and Jung Yeon tells him to just get to the point.

Although she’s your step-daughter, she’s still your daughter. Knowing that she’s with an ex-convict who’s also your ex-lover, shouldn’t you step out to stop her?”
"I finally understand why from the start, I knew you would never match my daughter."
He asks if that means she thinks Joon Soo and Do Hee match.
"If her mother was still around, you think she’d think the same way?" He asks.
"Perhaps she would be even more serious. If her mother was still here, she would at least not be speaking like me who doesn’t have the right to. She will step out, and strongly oppose you and Do Hee together." (HMPH! that’s right!)
Creepy Lawyer does not waver from her words and says,
"You still haven’t realized the seriousness of the problem yet?"
*prepare to choke loser to death now*(/゚Д゚)/
It’s because I love Do Hee. (puke***=.=”) To allow her to return to her original position, I’ve covered up this dirty scandal for her. But those who view Do Hee as a competitor won’t think this way. There are conservative people of BY who don’t think women are fit to run the company. Although they’ve all helped BY in someway, they don’t have enough ability to make it to the top. They all watch Do Hee carefully, hoping she’ll fail. To those people, think about how they would use Do Hee’s scandal to their advantage.”
(Firstly, I’m not too sure about how ‘accurate’ his stance is. He’s been too good at making ‘right-sounding’ arguments that are lies, it’s hard to differentiate. I mean, even if there weren’t people like he described, he’d find a way to MAKE it happen! =.=)
"I believe Do Hee and Joon Soo can overcome obstacles and take down those people you and Sec.Kim believe will use that scandal to their advantage." 
He nonchalantly confirms that she must approve of their relationship already, but what about Na-sajangnim?
Do Hee’s father already knows about me and Joon Soo’s past. (shocked face from creepy lawyer who thought he didn’t, ha!) If it were you, you’d think of any way to kick Joon Soo out of BY, but he didn’t do that. About Joon Soo’s past, he believes that he as already atoned for his crime, so he won’t pursue the matter anymore. Concerning my past with Joon Soo, he believes that all happened before I married him. He has already cleared things up and won’t look into it anymore.”
"That’s him purely treating (Joon Soo) as an employee of BY. If he knew about their relationship, I believe he would be the most angry. Then everything will end there, you really don’t know this?"
Semi-successfully setting fear in her heart, he stands up he and arrogantly tells her that her ‘job’ is to make them break up before things get messy.
 [(* ̄m ̄) Bloody hell.  Douchebag, holds this assumption that he has the right to tell everybody to do what he wants. “I will make things go MY way” seems like his personal life philosophy. It’s SO SO SO annoying, and I SO SO SO want to punch/strangle/hack at him whenever he does these things. [kudos to the actor, for making me hate his character’s guts to the max. =.=] 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jin Joo tells Chul Soo she’ll have her bank book by tomorrow and she’ll help in anyway she can. If it’s not enough…she’ll use her house as collateral. Chul Soo tells her to stop it.
"You lost your parents since you were little, you lived a hard life.  How can I increase your burden. I know what the house means to you. If you’re giving up the house because of me…I won’t let you do that."
He says he’ll take up all the responsibility and tells her he’s not fit to be her husband in which she replies,
" You think I married you because you passed the bar exam? It’s because you were too handsome that I married you. It’s because I loved you, that’s why."
Chul Soo doesn’t back down and tells her that although his mother knows it’s her fault now, when things get back to normal, her greedy heart will come up again and it’ll be even worse. He tells her to separate/divorce from him, because he doesn’t want to be a burden anymore and she just cries…asking him if that’s really the only way…
(NO IT ISN’T. Gosh, someone knock some sense into him. Leaving will only make matters WORSE. Stop being so obstinate Chul Soo Sshi!!!)
Later, the brothers drop by to give her the bank book and she tells them that Chul Soo wants to divorce with her. She tells them not to be surprised because she definitely won’t let that happen. She’s confident that she’s already grasped him tightly. Maybe they’ll have to separate temporarily, but they won’t divorce. Who would take care of him then?
"Oppa, don’t worry. Who am I? I’m  Gong Jin Joo!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do Hee comes back from a company gathering with her father (in which he complains that his friends only paid attention to her and not him, hehe). Jung Yeon speaks with Do Hee after about her encounter with creepy lawyer and voices her concern about how dangerous of a person he is.
She also admits that she is a bit scared. Her relationship with her father only started warming up again, she doesn’t know how he’ll react if he finds out about Joon Soo and Do Hee’s relationship.
Do Hee can only say that he’ll probably find it hard, and she apologizes to Jung Yeon.
We can only become stronger.” Jung Yeon tells her and Do Hee agrees.
Back in her own room, Jung Yeon wants her husband to know one thing.
" To me, you are my everything. Do Hee is a part of you. So if I didn’t have you guys, I wouldn’t have any hope in life."
He tells her he understands and she says no matter what happens, she hopes he’ll never forget what she said.
He smiles, but he doesn’t realize Jung Yeon is just giving him a ‘heads-up’ of future events to come…
I really do believe he’ll ‘remember’ her words though. Perhaps when that time comes he’ll feel pain and fury at first, but he’ll at least have her words ringing in his head.
I also really like how this family likes giving sincere and heartfelt ‘warnings’ ahead of time to ease the pain in the future. It’s like how Do Hee had a talk with Harabeoji before where she told him that she might make him worry and for him to ‘remember’ their conversation. (I actually looked back, that was e.67) Hehe.  (´ω`★) 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joo Young comments that everything right now is in a ‘depressed state’ and they might have to be as well. Do Hee calls Joon Soo and seeing that she can’t ‘lose’ to her, Joo Young does as well. It’s quite a funny scene where we switch back and forth at the cousins phoning the brothers with hilarious results.
Do Hee is phoning Joon Soo who tells her about Nari. Hyun Suk picks up and asks why Joo Young is phoning when Joon Soo’s already ‘updating’ him via Do Hee. Joo Young tells him the other couple are talking so sweetly over the phone and he dares ask her why she’s phoning him!? She yells at him for not learning from Joon Soo.
"That’s why you’re getting bullied from your siblings!"
(While Hyun Suk finds this statement unbelievable xD) 
Meanwhile, Joon Soo ‘notices’ Joo Young’s voice in the background while talking to Do Hee and they hang up for now since it’s too ‘noisy’ Buahahaha. 
"You should speak properly if you want me to treat you nice. Shouldn’t you have learned from ‘sister-in-law’ (hyung-soo) already? 
Note: Joon Soo immediately smiles in the background after hearing that!!!  ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ
Joo Young on the other hand, asks him "You’re saying "hyung-soo" is a good speaker!?"
Do Hee immediately perks up at her title “Hyung Soo” and asks if he really called her that. Hyun Suk hangs up on Joo Young and Do Hee keeps pulling at Joo Young’s sleeve, wanting to confirm about her new-found title and she’s gleefully grinning when it does get confirmed. (AWWWW!!!!)O(≧▽≦)O
Meanwhile, Joon Soo brings up the topic of “Hyung Soo” to Hyun Suk telling him that they haven’t married yet, isn’t it too early to call her that? (NOTE: he gives a satisfied smile after asking that  (*≧▽≦) !!! He’s totally proud of that name, admit it Joon Soo ! ¬‿¬ ) 
"Well I have to call her ‘hyung-soo’ sooner or later anyway." 
Buahahah, so true, so true.  (︶ω︶)
Joon Soo tells Hyun Suk to treat Joo Young better and Hyun Suk says it’s ‘his woman’ why should he care,  and they get into a ‘friendly’ pillow fight after that ≖‿≖.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the morning, Joon Soo unfortunately gets called to creepy lawyer’s office to have a ‘talk’. I love how when Joon Soo enters the room he just slams the door shut and walks in all pissed off.¬‿¬
He tells him that he met with Jung Yeon yesterday to tell her ‘how dangerous’ of a person Joon Soo is. 
"It seems like she hasn’t figured out that Do Hee is not simply a person, but BY’s figurehead."
Switch to Do Hee who brings a sleepy In Joo to work and they find out that Joon Soo got called to Creepy Lawyers office…
Okay back to Creepy Lawyer who gives an analogy that ‘small matters’ that aren’t controlled, can become ‘big troubles’ under the right conditions. A company’s stock price will fluctuate greatly if there are baseless rumors/reports going around. (it is here, he is alluding to his ‘plan’)
"If you really love Na Do Hee, you wouldn’t allow her to get attacked.That’s why I have a suggestion for you. Although you’re an ex-convict on parole, it’s a bit troublesome. My father controls a large company in the US. Compared to being under Do Hee (and getting humiliated), why not go to the US to start anew?"
Joon Soo gives him an ‘ugh =.=’ look and asks him,
" Is this what love means to you? A transaction?"
He dismisses that question and instead tells him he can’t continue staying by Do Hee’s side any longer =.=
"To you, are material gain and love exchangeable?" Joon Soo asks again.
He again, ignores him and tells him he’ll leave with nothing (if he doesn’t listen to him—and it’s here where you see how desperate he is =.=)
"I might leave without anything—no, I never thought of that before. Even if it is, I won’t back out."
And here , delusional nut -head explains his logic and belief about Joon Soo’s motives.
"To you, life is simple. No matter if it’s killing someone or gaining a woman’s love, as long as you get her heart, you can succeed in anything. Looking handsome, being able to sweet-talk, and add a bit of ability (LOL, he’s actually kind of praising Joon Soo here xD), you can gain everything someone else worked so hard for! People like you are despicable and laughable. Wanting to gain everything, without any input." 
ʘ‿ʘ *cuckoo, cuckoo alert. Are you saying you’re that ‘someone’ who worked hard to get Do Hee and then got her stolen by Joon Soo?*SCOFF* Unbelievable.  Just bloody unbelievable how he tells himself these lies, distorting the truth and making him seem like the victim *SCOFF*. This douchebag is truly a pyscho!* 
"Don’t use your beliefs to look at a person. I don’t know how much ‘effort’ you’ve put in before, but everyone is working hard in life."
Joon Soo gets interrupted by the secretary telling Creepy Lawyer, Do Hee is asking for him to come to her office. He turns back to Joon Soo telling him his ‘shield’ has come save him and then tells him to think about his ‘offer’.
"I’ll pretend I never heard it. I find it ridiculous for you to have suggested it. But what’s even more laughable is how you even thought of it."
︶▽︶ OHHH BURN! BURN! BUAHAHAH. Nice comeback Joon Soo. How does he come up with all his twisted thoughts? Well he’s a TWISTED person, that’s how. Oh man, he’s seriously lost it. Seriously. *shakes head*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do Hee asks douchbag why he has so much time to torture Joon Soo when he has other work to do. How come he’s taking so long to write up a report about the recent leaking of designs?
"Although that is important, what’s more important to me is helping you get rid of that bomb beside you."
"Only YOU think he’s a bomb" =.= (right on)
"Consider doing me a favour (ugh, no =.=), Think about the moment I let you go, how will you bear everything?" (PFT, the moment you let her go, is the moment to FREEDOM, damn it)
"Ah, I shouldn’t call him a bomb,  but a mine. You’re stepping on top of a mine right now. Please look clearly at reality!"
"As long as you stop torturing him, it would be a big relief to us." (amen to that =.=)
He calls Joon Soo “that guy”, which angers Do Hee, telling him to speak respectfully. He doesn’t listen and continues disrespecting Joon Soo.
"That guy takes life too simply, thinking he can gain everything so easily. I can’t stand it."
"Who said he lives comfortably?" Do Hee retaliates.
And thus, here we get a background of douchbag’s upbringing and a potential reason to why he’s turned out to become a douchebag/piece of trash/ ridiculous delusional freak. 
"Do you know why I can’t let go of Na Do Hee? It’s because I don’t live life as comfortably as him. Because my father was an immigrant, he experienced a lot of hardship. In order to protect his little store, he lost an arm fighting with thieves   To make me become strong, when I got beat up at school, he didn’t let me eat.  In order to win those who beat me up, I studied hard to become an important person. Whenever I answered a question wrong, my father would hit me. I just want to let you know, I didn’t get to my position so easily."
Do Hee’s expression and tone have turned sympathetic…
"I see. That angry child who was scared of getting hit, is still in you."
" Don’t act like you know me, Na Do Hee" (well YOU were the one that told her your past =.=)
She starts telling her own story. ” My life wasn’t easy as well. When my mom passed away, I closed myself to the outside world. To escape my father and step-mother I was a sick patient who used work and studying to paralyze myself. You ask me why I love that person? Because in front of him, I cried out for the first time. He was the one that made me realize I was a person with flesh and bone. That’s why you should find a person who can ‘heal your sickness’.
He doesn’t admit or accept any of her words (as expected =.=) and tells her to wait and experience the feeling of getting everything taken away from her by Joon Soo =.= (*rolls eyes*)
"After that, you will come back and find me again." 
*pulls out hair* *grabs the axe* щ(ಥДಥщ)
As he leaves, Do Hee gives him a piece of advice.
"Although you wont’ admit it, you’re a sick patient."
HIs face tightens at her words and he storms out.
Do Hee’s exhausted (whew, me too as well =.=) from all of it and slumps down onto her desk…
[Wow. I have so much things to say. Firstly, his ‘past and upbringing  does not make me pity him. I can only say I will ‘understand’ his actions, from HIS point of view. But they are clearly wrong. Does this make me hate him more? Yes, because it seems like there are flicker of moments where he registers what Do Hee is saying is the truth, but he chooses to ignore it and revert back into his delusional hole. It’s going to take A LOT to drill some sense into that thick-skull of his. He’ll only keep walking down his lonely path, falling deeper into his hole until he falls flat-faced and he can’t climb back up anymore. Of course, I’m sure the writers will try to slip in a time where he ‘recovers’ and realizes that he was wrong all along. I mean, I don’t care for that so much since I already have so much hate ingrained towards him.  I’d rather see him get retributed and writhe in pain and suffering in exchange for all the times he hurt everyone (more of that to come…)(≧▼≦;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joon Soo comes up to the rooftop and Do Hee calmly starts off by telling him Creepy Lawyer must’ve grown up getting beat up by his father and he thinks it was an honour.
"He doesn’t know he’s a sick patient."
Joon Soo looks at her understandably. He wraps his arm around her and she lays her head on his shoulder.
"I experienced something similar before, so I understand at that time no matter what other people say, you’ll always think you’re right. No matter how long my step-mother waited for me, I always thought it was annoying and fake. Then you told me I needed therapy, and (I only realized that) I was a sick patient." 
"I promise you, no matter how angry I get, or feel that I can’t take it anymore, I’ll hold it in. He’s a child that got hit while growing up, a sick patient, I can’t use violence on him."
He might become even more despicable and evil.” Do Hee warns. He tells her he’ll also hold it in if that happens. 
" I promise you, no matter what happens…I’ll think of you first."
There’s great meaning I find behind this sentence because it’s not simply a promise not to beat the crap out of creepy lawyer, it’s a promise and display of love to Do Hee. He never thought of Jung Yeon 10 years ago when he ‘committed’ his crime, because he never loved her. But for Do Hee, he tells her he will think of her no matter what happens. She’s that important to him. In fact, I think they are both at or near that point where they’ll sacrifice anything for each other…perhaps that deep of a love. (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
 Millions and millions of years would still not give me half enough time to describe that tiny instant of all eternity when you put your arms around me and I put my arms around you. 
~Jacques Prévert
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And thus…Creepy Lawyer has initiated another attack. This time, with unthinkable and harmful consequences…
Problem: BY’s supply (clothing material) has all been bought out by their rival company (AKA Yong Jin Apparel AKA the one creepy lawyer is in cahoots with =.=).
Joon Soo notes that he went to the suppliers yesterday and everything was fine *so why all of a sudden…*
The problem is that its not just ‘any’ material. It’s material only from a company that specializes in it. If they don’t supply it to them, it’s impossible for them to start their new item.
Do Hee comes in telling In Joo and Joon Soo to come to the emergency meeting.
Joo Young’s father says he’s already tried contacting the supplier, but they’re not picking up…
 Na-sajangnim says they confirmed that the supplier could supply enough material to them and other companies, so they never thought something like this would happen…
Harabeoji asks In Joo if they could change the material, and she says it’s impossible. He goes on to ask Joon Soo what he thinks (since he thought up of the whole concept). He solemnly says if they can’t obtain the material for their new item, they’d have to reorganize their fundamentals (IOW: start all over again =.=)
Seeing that not much can be done, Harabeoji tells Na-sajangnim to go with him to personally meet the supplier since he’s not answering their calls. As he stands up, he falls back down, clutching his heart…
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! HARABEOJI!!!!!! o(;△;)o
How can that douchebag DO THIS!?!??! He has indirectly threatened the health of Harabeoji’s with his evil plan and threatened the fate of BY!!! WHAT MORE HARM WILL YOU BRING? How many more tricks and evil deeds do you have to carry out to satisfy those twisted demoralized desires of yours!?!?!? 
 ヽ(●-`Д´-)ノ NEVER. Never will I forgive you after what you did to Harabeoji!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment