'Shine or Go Crazy' - Character Teaser

Gallery

October 26, 2012

For Tamna... to not post anything would be a crime!

Written by Hanakokoro


image

Been lurking a long time on this thread but figured since Tamna has temporarily ended, I'd add my two cents worth to this great thread. I rarely watch a drama which actually makes me feel like posting tons and tons of comments (because once I start...i can't stop.image ) but for Tamna... to not post anything would be a crime.

Apart from the first couple of eps which had me cringing a little at the over the top, rather cheesy english lines...I never expected to get into this drama...I actually only started watching it because it got shortened and people protested. Yes..I was a total busybody. But after the 3rd ep or so... I was completely totally hooked... 


All right, I admit that I am completely in love with PK...he's like...PERFECT... and Im Joo Hwan is probably one of the best actors I have ever seen. His acting is never overdone...even the crying scenes aren't like bug-eyed, drooling, snotty affairs with shouting and all sorts of overacting...he gives dignity to every single scene he's in...he's got great comic acting too...definitely the consummate actor. Totally totally blown away. This is definitely a guy who is going to go far. And yes...he is drop dead gorgeous in every single outfit he wears...which is amazing in itself...


But it was more than that that turned me into a complete fan of this drama.
There were so many hints of so many interesting arcs that never got a chance to be developed. Yan's identity and what led PK to check up on him in the first place... more PK/BJ scenes...there were so many emotionally charged encounters that never got addressed or resolved... would have been nice to see Will develop more as a person too...I'm sure he was meant to have more dimensions than what we finally see...heard Yan and the head of Seo Lin were supposed to have a love arc... so so so many elements that would have really built the drama up to a rousing climax...if only MBC had given it a chance. 

I'd have loved to have seen PK confront his mother after breaking off his engagement. Would have liked to have seen more of his interactions with his dad too. And I'm sure the reason why he repeats Ï'm Pak Kyu"has greater significance...just that for now we can't really see what it is.

I'm definitely looking forward to the DVD and the restoration of all the various story arcs and cut scenes which would have made this awesome drama probably one of the best dramas ever to be made and broadcast. I cannot remember the last time I watched a drama with such good editing, stellar acting from EVERY SINGLE one of the cast, and the overall sincerity and just plain earnestness of the drama. You never once get that feeling that the aim is to impress or to bowl you over with a well-known cast or fancy camera angles...flashy music... Tamna the drama is just like Tamna the island...down to earth, simple, raw yet brimming with life and emotion.

Totally keeping my fingers crossed (even though there can be no doubt) that the DVD will deliver everything this drama was supposed to be and more. If a watered down version can blow me away like this....I think the DVD will send me to Tamna heaven...and there is no other place I'd rather be...

Somehow, after watching Ep 16...i kind of felt the last scene when PK and BJ see each other would have made more sense if you think that after defeating Seo Lin, PK left Tamna and BJ to return to Hanyang for a period of time... and they didn't expect him to be back. There was like a "life goes on"sort of feel to it...and then suddenly the folk of Tamna get a new magistrate who just turns out to be PK.image Which kind of made BJ's questioning, semi-incredulous tone at seeing PK sitting in her yard make more sense. Did anyone else get the same sort of feeling?

Anyways... sorrry for the long post... Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts here all the time, making this thread so fun and informative... Hope everyone sticks around for the full version release overseas...and then...the DVD discussion...image

Until then...am off to rewatch everything...again and again and again...God, I cannot believe how much I love this show...

No comments:

Post a Comment