'Shine or Go Crazy' - Character Teaser

Gallery

October 27, 2012

I like everything about Tamra

Written by Atel

image finally caught up! ~ And like some of us predicted, he ends up back on Tamra... 

I just wanted to say, I really like how the drama portrays different kind of relationships people have with each other... like Beojin and her mother. Her mother it seemed rather unforgiving of her daughter during the Tamra days in earlier part of the drama. But when she came to Hanyang, you could sense how understanding she tried to be and became. Or Park Gyu and Yibang's teamwork. All the side characters were good... I think maybe if we saw the intended version we may have seen more of Seorin's motivation and justification for her anger... etc. And to be honest, Yan and William were decent.


I liked how Seowu portrayed Beojin - she really captured the spirit of a teen well, imo, but I think the last few episodes she easily cried...well it didn't bother me too much, since I'll justify it by saying her character was experiencing a lot of stuff for a girl having come to Hanyang. She was a fish out of her water, or rather in different waters, where the water flowed differently. Without a doubt she would’ve made it on her own in time, but Tamra’s way of life is simpler and more familiar. That’s another thing I noticed – Tamra vs. Hanyang (Rural vs. city life; what Beojin wanted in Tamra vs. what she wanted when in Hanyang) eh, maybe I’m reading more into it than needed…lol.




And without a doubt, Im Juhwan totally stole the show for me. His character had to battle injustice/corruption and his turmoil/love for a girl who didn't recognize him. Like I said earlier I really want him to win an acting award this year, preferably the one that MBC does at the end of the year…
Now I wonder how the drama would been if they didn’t cut out the 4 episodes. Even without it, it didn’t feel like you’re missing that mutch, so I’m a little worried that the 4 episodes would’ve made it more prolonged than needed… or on the other hand it could have allowed more character development.

^ My favorite Park Gyu line is "무엄하다!" (How rude/impudent!) ... yeah, he only used that in Tamra, but still... I dunno I just liked how he said it. 

I also want to give props to the staff & technical crew...too... for me, esp to the person who did the CG - Jang Seongho (장성호). Call me morbid, but when Park Gyu was sliced and fell overboard and sinking in the ocean... you could actually see blood floating in the sea! Just one example I noticed and I was like “oooh detail…” Of course the scenery is all done prettily. 


Can’t not mention the OST. It's a pretty good OST overall... the music definitely added to the humor, action, and fantasy atmosphere of Tamra. I especially think the main theme, "Your Tears", is beautiful. (in case anyone’s wondering which song I’m talking about, it happens to play in the scene when Park Gyu falls into the sea after being sliced… image ).

No comments:

Post a Comment