'Shine or Go Crazy' - Character Teaser

Gallery

August 24, 2013

Ugly Alert - Ep69 Recap


Jung Yeon says she once had to write a report for a psychology class, to describe the simplest and most complicated people around her, but she only wrote about one person: Joon Soo. When she started writing her report, she felt that she understood him more than he did himself.
When I started deeply analyzing you, I always got stuck at one place.
That happy and peaceful moment with your step-mother, when you were returning home on that bus. You always felt her death was your fault, that boy of 14 years old. From that point on, you took on her role as a mother, raising your siblings. And when you turned into an adult at 20 years old, I still saw that child in you.
You slept for only 3 hours back then everyday, but you still managed.
That’s why I forgave you for that time you never thought about me. Because at that time you weren’t yourself, but your mother.
But as Do Hee’s mother now, I can only ask you: what is Do Hee to you? Is that child still inside of you? If he does raise his head again, will Do Hee become what I was 10 years ago? I’m worried, can you answer me?
That child is still inside me, just like how my mother’s words are forever in me. But that child, is actually really lucky, because he remembers every precious word his mother said. 
When I asked her why she loved my father, she told me love is actually really simple. 
"Love, is being able to see things other people can’t. It’s because of that, people are less lonely."
She never said ‘not’ lonely, but ‘less’ lonely. When I was 20, there was someone that understood me, so I thought I also understood them.
So you’re asking me what Do Hee is to me:
“I understand Do Hee, and Do Hee does to.” So now, we’re both looking for that road that’s ‘less lonely’.
Jung Yeon thinks back to what Do Hee said as well about how she and Joon Soo will rely on each other to be less lonely, and their statements is a confirmation she wanted to hear and smiles. She tells him, if that time Do Hee was by his side instead of her, maybe his life would have changed.
"Even if she was by my side, I’m not confident my decision would change. But at least, my heart would think of Do Hee. Perhaps, I would have hesitated. And if I had to tell her the reason, I’d say "this is me"…and ask her if she would wait."
I find this conversation between Jung Yeon and Joon Soo is really a sort of healing for both of them. It’s through this conversation, where Joon Soo is able to fully confirm his feelings for Do Hee and show Jung Yeon “although that child is still in me, he’s grown up and he’s learnt to love and be loved.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Jung Yeon tells Do Hee that she can’t find a way to stand at her side…but she will. 
And suddenly, a rush of emotions overwhelms Do Hee and she hugs Jung Yeon and says “Thank you, mother.” ・(>д<)・゚゚” for the very first time and tears start running down for both of them.TДT
"Today, I’m sure of one thing. To him, you are his first love. My daughter is amazing. How did you bring up the courage to pick this path?"
"I didn’t pick this path…it came naturally."
oh, so moving ( ≧Д≦)!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I wonder if they phone each other daily. Like, is it routine for them now (。’▽’。)♡ ? Must be.
Do Hee tells her what Jung Yeon said about her being sure Do Hee was his first love. She says she did not lose everything in vain (IOW, it was all worth it) and that she really misses him.
She clears her throat and sings to him her “lullaby” (It’s Fortunate-Lee Juk, aka the song Joon Soo sang to her up on the rooftop)
♪♪For meeting you…
And being able to make the meals we share
For meeting you…
And being able to hold your hand
Whenever it starts to feel numb
For getting to hug you
And being able to comfort you
I’m so fortunate
For the beautiful world that knows you
Placing you here
♪♪
You can’t find another song that perfectly describes their love than this one *tear*~ 
It’s like “Joon Soo&Do Hee’s theme no.2” ( (๑・ω-)~♥
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Do Hee discusses with In Joo their plan to ‘fight’ with creepy lawyer. She believes In Joo should take part in ‘confusing the enemy’
In Joo’s like “oh, something like me kissing Joon Soo in the hallway?”
"I'd shoot you down with lasers from my eye and ask 'what are you doing with my man!?' And then, we'll only get caught by Lawyer Lee”(pwuahahahaha ≖‿≖)
The next day, they’re standing at the end of the hallway posing ever so fiercely  (¬‿¬)  waiting for Creepy Lawyer to come out.
Joon Soo’s like the unwilling kid in the group going “ugh, this is so childish, do we have to do this?”
*kick in the shin*  ER, yes you do, hahahah.
They put on a ‘show’ where In Joo asks OUT LOUD
'Is having an relationship in the office that embarrassing? Who cares what others say!’
Do Hee sympathetically goes “No, I was just ‘worried’ about my ‘friend’ over here.” 
"Oh Lawyer Lee, who loves who is an individuals freedom isn’t it?"
"Yes…"
You heard that? So don’t bother with what other people say” She tells Joon Soo and she strides ahead, bumping (purposely) into Creepy Lawyer without any apology (BOOYAH!)
Do Hee pats Joon Soo on the shoulder and says he should be as courageous as In Joo .  (¬‿¬)
They walk away and Joon Soo’s like “Compared to him, we’re even more childish!”
"This is a strategy!" Do Hee retorts.o(^▽^)o
BUAHAHAH, OMG OMG, I can’t believe them. I’m sorry, but that strategy does seem a bit…childish…as Joon Soo put it….
. But I do applaud your effort (≡^∇^≡)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nari is sad Jin Joo has to work so hard even though she’s pregnant and wants to do anything to help. Harabeoji hears of this and helps her…
by inviting Jin Joo to be Nari’s manager from now on!
Awwwwww. So, no more cute harabeoji-Nari time now :( ? 
Harabeoji is like the Gong family’s ‘lucky star’  ╰(✿´⌣`✿)╯


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The creepster becomes creepier.
The detective hands him a copy of Joon Soo and Do Hee’s text message log noting that he messages Do Hee 20x a day, while not once to In Joo.
In particular he sees a lot of “come to the secret place" message *GASSSSPPPS* ( ̄◇ ̄;)
Okay, firstly…
ISN’T THIS ILLEGAL?!?!?!
Has creepy "LAWYER’ ever heard of invasion of privacy? Or is this the norm in Korea, huh? (I’ve seen the same thing done in other dramas before as well=.=…. *angrily crumbles paper* )
I bet Do Hee and them never thought about this loophole. I wonder how they’ll ‘explain’ this. Hmmmm, they’re really up against a strong opponent. Putting on simple ‘shows’ won’t drive his suspicion away that easily…

No comments:

Post a Comment