'Shine or Go Crazy' - Character Teaser

Gallery

August 29, 2013

Interview - Ugly Alert - Meeting up with Jun Su and Do Hee

Jang Suk Hui’s Column

*Note: translation may not be accurate at certain sections. I translated some parts thanks to Baidu Kang Sora, but they did not translate all of it (only her sections), so the other sections I used my limited korean skills and naver’s dictionary to piece together sentences (forgive me if there are mistakes!ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ)
*This might not be the best translation, but if you do decide to repost or use somewhere else, please give credit to me!。◕‿◕。

*Note: skipped intro*
J: Jung Suk Hui (reporter)
IJH: Im Joo Hwan
KSR: Kang So Ra
SYS: Director Shin Yoon Sub
(?): not quite certain of translation
============================
image

J: Looking at Gong Joon Soo, would you think ‘does such a nice person like this exist?’
IJH: There will be people with the same morals like Gong Joon Soo. We tend to forget that there are people like Gong Joon Soo in our lives(?). Although we know that, it’s hard to think this person is‘practical’ (realistic). 
Through Gong Joon Soo, I have learned a lot of things from him. It made me think about if I had any similar experiences of this type of responsibility (to the “extent of this responsibility”). When I was growing up, my father always emphasized the sense of responsibility. Due to that ‘teaching’, now I always think once or twice about my actions. I take after that quality of being ‘over serious’. So I’m…not really interesting (I think he means he’s quite a serious person so he thinks he’s quite boring?)

J: “Na Do Hee’ is a woman that this generation needs. This is what I really thought.
KSR: She’s quite attractive! I also want to be like ‘the wind that blows by’, that type of girl. I actually could live like this woman. I never knew I could before (laughs). Personally, I’ve also learnt a lot from Na Do Hee.

J: Like “ Na Do Hee” would you also love without prejudice?
KSR: Definitely. If I do have the chance to, I will try it. “Would I be able to meet a person like Gong Joon Soo?’ If I really could meet someone like him, I would unconditionally be willing to do so.
image

J:  The character ‘Do Hee’ received a lot of praise, however ‘Shin Joo Young’ (Shin So Yool) on the other hand received a lot of criticism, is that not so? Do you feel sorry (for them)?
KSR: I always read and talk about the script together with Shin So Yool, we did that not long ago. I hope she does not give me a hard time (laughs). If you act a ‘bad’ character, you’ll naturally receive criticism, this is the fate of an actor.
IJH: ‘Shin Joo Young’ is slowly changing when she’s with our family. We can’t tell what our future is like, right? It’s the same with Lawyer Lee (Kim Yong Hoon). We all anticipate how the writer will ‘mold’ our characters. It’s like how we didn’t know in the beginning who Na Do Hee would like (between the two brothers).
KSR: Later, we will know more, isn’t that right? Even right now, there is a considerable amount of transformations/changes taking place.

J: There are quite a lot of on-location shots and also a lot of ‘movement’ with shooting (?) (note: I guess changes in a shoot). And why are there so many running scenes? Have you ever complained to the director?
image

KSR: This isn’t the director’s fault is it?
IJH: Well strictly speaking, it isn’t the director’s fault but the writer’s. (laughs). Right now, in the script it has me running around 3 times again (?).
SYS: I’m not sure about the misunderstanding, but these guys really like running outside(?) (laughs).
IJH: (laughs) I do quite like it! I can accept a bit of ‘torture’ sometimes. However tiring it is, I will complete the task.

J: Both of you are having a hard time in love right now, and you’ll come across even greater hardships later on. Will you be able to face them?
IJH: Of course. Our characters are written like this, up till now we’ve overcome a lot of obstacles together. Regarding what will be in store for us later, I am curious as well.
KSR: My relationship with my step-mother has improved and she hasn’t given up on us. I’m certain she’ll support us later.

image

J: Because of this drama, you must have gained a lot of ‘passionate’ fans. Have you felt their love?
IJH: I still really don’t know yet. At the filming site, eating as well, they’re all relatively at the same place. Fans, and everybody else, there’s no meeting up of any sort  (laughs). (I think he’s saying, he’s so busy, he has no time to meet up with fans to ‘feel their love’.)
KSR: I still don’t know as well. Recently, I haven’t had time to meet the people at my agency or my family members! (laughs)

J:  I don’t think this would happen in actuality. Kang Sora sshi is quite young, but if you have watched the drama, you’d see she has quite a ‘motherly’ aura/feel.
KSR: Oppa (Joo Hwan) doesn’t seem to feel so (laughs).
IJH: When ‘Gong Joon Soo’ first appeared he was similar to his mother. That’s why the first time he saw ‘Na Do Hee’s’ cool side, he started to notice her. Before love, shouldn’t you first admire and respect (the person)?

J: Most of ‘Gong Joon Soo’s interactions with the characters are quite ‘tangled’ up. Taking care of these feelings must be pretty hard. 
IJH: Of course.  With that being said, the relationships are fully grasped by the director, so there’s not much difficulty. I want to act out ‘Joon Soo’ with genuine feelings, that’s what I’m looking to do(?). 
(At this time the staff approached us, and the director wrapped things up…..)
SYS: Our actors and all our young friends, are all really nice. ‘Joon Soo’ and the brothers, and Chul Soo (Hyun Woo) as well.  I’ve been directing for a long time, but it’s a first time for me to meet such great actors. I’m really fortunate! 
 [end]

CreditCookingdramas

Other pics at the interview

No comments:

Post a Comment