'Shine or Go Crazy' - Character Teaser

Gallery

November 11, 2013

Ugly Alert - Ep118 Recap

Joo Young is the one to tell Harabeoji that Joon Soo has nothing to do with the murder case and instead Hyun Suk is. 
She sits down and tells him why she had to marry creepy lawyer.
"Just like you objected to Joon Soo and Do Hee marrying, I’m sure you will be the same towards me…but I’m also certain that Hyun Suk did not kill anyone. It was an accident, and Joon Soo sacrificed himself to protect his brother. This is the truth."
Harabeoji turns to Do Hee and asks her why she didn’t tell him. She should’ve been the first one to do so…
"I don’t know if I have the confidence to continue loving that person" she frankly tells him.
"I never cared about Harabeoji or father’s objection and firmly loved him, that was because I believed in him. But, he hid the truth from me. The man I love, what kind of person is he? I’m confused…"
Harabeoji says he understands and tells both of them to go out…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joo Young reacts to all this just as how I’m guessing everyone else is…
"What’s the problem? How could Joon Soo have told you? Because of Hyun Suk, he carried the name of a murderer and spent 10 years in jail. Even a person like me who is selfish, and that was scared of hurting the people they love (made the desicion) to marry Lawyer Lee."
"It was frustrating…when I wanted to tell you everything but I couldn’t. I knew that if I told you the truth, Hyun Suk would get hurt. But how could Joon Soo…"
"Other people might think that way…but Joon Soo cannot. He at least should’ve told me he wasn’t a murderer."
Joo Young laments that love is too complicated so she doesn’t know…but she says the reason why she told Harabeoji everything was because she was sure of her choice. She was originally going to ask Do Hee and Joon Soo for help to get Hyun Suk’s heart back…but seeing how they are now…
"You don’t ask people to help you with love." Do Hee tells her.
Joo Young agrees and says she won’t bother her then…
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harabeoji visits Hyun Suk and says he wants to take back what he said about ending their fate.
"When I heard that your brother was a murderer…I thought that I was wrong…how could I have wrongly saw someone for who he really was?
But then it looks like I didn’t.
I believe I never would wrongly judge someone.”
Harabeoji comes out and asks Joon Soo if has eaten…
They have lunch together and Harabeoji finally calls Joon Soo by his name in that familiar warm voice again…o(╥﹏╥)o
Why did you do that?” he asks. 
"I didn’t trust the law. I felt the victim’s father would of used his power to turn Hyun Suk into a murderer. Back then, I thought that if I took the blame, then everything would end."
"How could you have the heart of a parent when you were just 20 years old? I guess it’s possible since you cared for your siblings at such a young age…" 
"If I were any smarter…then they wouldn’t be in pain right now."
"Although I’m nearly 80, I learn something new each day. As I live, I slowly understand that when you’re trying to bear the pain, it won’t be easy. But if you endure all that, in the end it’s a type of growth. Right now, isn’t that what’s happening for your siblings?
It’s the same for Do Hee as well.
Once she gets hurt, she will slowly need to recover. That’s why, you don’t have to rush.”
HARABEOJI *BURSTSINTOAMILLIONTEARS*。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。
THANK YOU….THANK YOU….
Joon Soo really needed this pep-talk… 
And he supports you and Do Hee…he supports you guys…. 
*sob* (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harabeoji is finally clear about Creepy Lawyer’s true face and summons him asking him,
"Do you know the definition of what it means to be human?"
"Since you can’t answer, looks like you haven’t thought about it before."
(BUUURRN!) (੭ु˙꒳​˙)੭ु⁾⁾
"What you did, was not what a ‘human’ would be capable of doing. What’s even more scary is that you used Joo Young’s love for Gong Hyun Suk, to force her to marry you.
I’ll give you one last chance. The chance to leave…as a human.”
In a stern meeting with his frightful father, creepy lawyer begins to show his weak and fearful side…
"I want to go back…I’m tired, father." He pleads….(・□・;)
"What did you do to make you say you’re tired?"
"The momentum to keep on fighting…"
"Compared to losing, what is worse is giving up! You say you’re tired? There are only two type of people in this world: the one who dominates, and the one who is dominated. 
If you’re like this, you can only be the one who is dominated.
Prove to me that you are my son!” 
(; ̄ェ ̄)
All this time Creepy Lawyer was really just a douchebag, a piece of rubbish in my eyes…
But I also understand that it’s this immense pressure from his monster father (typical..kdrama father…) that has driven him into this sad state… 
He believes he has no way out…and he wants to give up… 
But does this make me pity him? *HMm…* well …(-᷅_-᷄๑”)….
*thinks back to all the times he hurt everyone, especially Joon Soo*
NO!!! I do not. He can still rot and die in hell if he has to ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jin Joo finally gets to know where Hyun Suk really is…and she tearfully meets up with him behind the plastic screen…
"I know why you’re like this, I know…"
"Noona, I’m sorry for making you hurt. But this is the first time that I’ve felt at ease since the day Kyung Tae died…"
TT_TT
Joon Soo brings Jin Joo back home, and she tells him,
"It’s fortunate though… Hyun Suk is at ease now…"
*BAWLS* 。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You two… stop breaking my heart ><!…
Do Hee comes up on the rooftop and unexpectedly sees Joon Soo there as well…
She prepares to leave when Joon Soo sees her and runs up to her to stop her from going.
"If you want to rest here, then rest. I’ll go." 
o(;△;)o
And when he starts to leave, she stops him and tells him,
"I don’t want to take away your resting spot."
They stand by the ledge…MILES apart from each other and Do Hee opens her mouth first,
"You must be thinking that I’m heartless."
"No, no I don’t. It’s expected that you are like this. In the past, I was always lying to you."
"Harabeoji once said, ’ the moment you choose Gong Joon Soo, the murderer, your forehead will be engraved with a scarlet letter (IOW:you will be an outcast)***
But I told him that doesn’t matter.
Right here, as I held onto your hand saying that we’d walk together, nothing mattered anymore.
It was the road I chose.
It was me that grabbed onto your hand and said ‘let’s go together’, never letting go.
No matter what, I always held tightly onto both of your hands, but you only held onto one of them. The other hand…was holding onto the truth.
How can I grab back onto that hand again…that let go of the truth?”
And cleverly done (camera-work), as Do Hee leaves Joon Soo holds out that ‘hand’ in the air…
[HOPE.HOPE! I reread that last sentence Do Hee said over and over again and came up with one conclusion:  she still wants to grab onto his hand…but she just doesn’t know HOW!!! 
JOON SOO AH!!! That hand is free now. GO GRAB BACK DO HEE’S HAND. GO RECLAIM HER. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE. o(╥﹏╥)oo(╥﹏╥)o]

***(WOAH, wait right? What does that mean? I was as confused so I did some research…The original meaning was from a book called “The Scarlet Letter” where the character has to wear a scarlet “A” on her dress because she committed adultery, BUT it has later become to mean to be an ‘outcast’. )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man, *rubs eyes* these interrogation rooms are reeeeallllly dark…. ̄ー ̄
Anyway, the prosecutor gets right to work at finding the truth and starts with Joon Soo.
He first asks him if Hyun Suk ‘asked’ him to do anything as he was leaving the scene. He openly points out that Joon Soo was willing to cover the truth for 10 years and kept on changing his testimony to do so.
"At that time, it was because I made the wrong judgement."
Mr. Prosecutor tells him he just feels he’s suspicious since he could be doing the same thing again…
"But I’m asking you again, because I want to give you a chance to clear yourself."
"What is there to hide now? Hyun Suk really didn’t know Kyung Tae died so he left the scene."
The prosecutor hears that Nari remembers everything, but Joon Soo pleads to him to not call her here or it’ll be too painful for her…
The detective also gives his opinion to Mr. Prosecutor and says that if Hyun Suk really killed Kyung Tae, then why would he have come to see him about the case? Mr. Prosecutor points out that he could’ve did that to ‘use’ the detective. 
"then why would he hand himself over?
"because he had the evidence that points to him being an accomplice."
Mr. Prosecutor keeps refuting the detective’s points and he finally asks him why he’s like this.
"A prosector should take into account all suspicious factors that are worthy of considering. I am being suspicious ..and this is what Gong Hyun Suk wants."
(A good…prosecutor….) (ノ´ー`)ノ
And the last person on Mr. Prosecutor’s list is the doctor who helped hypnotize Nari.
Mr. Prosecutor asks, from an unbiased perspective, did it seem that Nari was pointing out that Hyun Suk was the murderer?
"From Gong Nari’s memories…it seemed like her brother didn’t know the person already died. The older brother as well…only found out after."
"During the session, what was Gong Hyun Suk’s reaction like?"
"it seemed like he received a great shock."
*Mr.Prosecutor rubs chin….*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And finally, the moment comes where Mr. Prosecutor determines if Hyun Suk is guilty or not…
He puts him under the lie detector test and tells him he knows that this test cannot be used as evidence, but just as how Hyun Suk is curious about what he felt that day, he is as well.
After the test, the prosecutor analyzes that days events again and asks if Hyun Suk feels if he is still the murderer.
"Judging from the results from the lie detector test coupled with other testimonies…it was clear that you did not know Lee Kyung Tae was dead. What prosector in the Republic of Korea, would ignore these type of results….and say it is murder?
"10 years ago, the misunderstanding that your brother made because he confessed…I don’t want to repeat it again.
Also, when you say you had the intention for him to die when you were fighting does not hold. No matter who, a person will always hold that type of feeling if they’re fighting against someone.
Gong Hyun Suk. Don’t use the law to cover up your sense to atone. The way you atone…is based on how you choose to live.”
MR. PROSECUTOR-NIM …. 
Hyun Suk is released…and on the steps he and Joon Soo embrace.
AND THUS…
this puts a close on the pain brought upon the Gong Family for 10 years…
Well, not fully though…
However, this is the start of their road to healing…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow. I don’t know where to start. It’s really been a rough ride this week. I had a lot of emotions and thoughts and I just couldn’t wrap my head around all of them properly. When the truth came out and the characters started to slowly react, I felt that this was what I expected.
But when Do Hee reacted to it, I felt confused and at a loss. Honestly, her actions to me, were hard to understand and accept at first. Or maybe because I was too accustomed to both of them supporting each other no matter what, I expected her to do the same thing in this situation…
But as I re-watched, recapped, and thought about it many times, I slowly began to understand her. 
In Joo described Do Hee as ‘feeling betrayed’ by Joon Soo. They had this ‘promise’ that they’d go through everything together, and this meant sharing everything with each other. That betrayal is not only about breaking that promise, but because Joon Soo chose to suffer alone and did not share his pain with her. This is what really makes her heart hurt the most.
I finally got what In Joo said an episode back when she told Do Hee to separate her feelings of ‘pity’ and ‘anger’. For Do Hee, Joon Soo had to work so hard to gain everyone’s approval and that no matter how tired he was, he always had to work harder. Because of this, Do Hee always wanted to find a way to share his burden, to ease his pain. 
So when she found out that he had kept such a big burden for himself, when they agreed to share it, she suffered a big blow. He was supposed to trust in her, that she could also carry his burdens as well…but he didn’t. She feels hurt herself, but even more so for Joon Soo. 
As for Joon Soo, he thought he would keep his secret with him till death and that was always his mindset. But facing Do Hee, he always struggled between what he always thought was right and what he should’ve done for Do Hee.
Other than ‘protecting’ his siblings, he probably felt that if he were to tell Do Hee the truth, he would definitely lose her…and he didn’t want that. He wanted to hold onto her, but at the same time there was always that possibility that he had to let go of her…
Their Future:
Time heals all pain. This is the message Harabeoji and In Joo keep on reiterating.  As Do Hee said, she doesn’t know how to hold onto that hand again…but she wants to. Joon Soo then, has to find a way to show her how she can do that.
This will also be as Harabeoji said, a growth process for them. Once they finish enduring, they can come out of everything stronger and more united.
So as time passes, as hearts mend, I have full confidence that these two will find each other again, hold each other’s hands really tight…and never let go.
I await for what Writer Jung has in store for these two that have been through so much…these two that deserve their long-awaited happiness.
/end

No comments:

Post a Comment